As with any product there are inherent risks that can be easily avoided by using common sense.
1) Keep it out of the reach of children. While in most cases kids can be exposed to the scent you don't want them handling it. Keep it in a location where they can't get to it to avoid making a mess or worse, eating it.
2) Keep it out of the reach of pets. Again to avoid a mess or consumption.
As a general rule a simple taste is not harmful but a mouthful or more could be. The most toxic product is the Eucalyptus. There is enough in the 35mL to seriously harm a child and enough in the 100mL to seriously harm an adult.
Serious side effects that could be caused by eucalyptus oil poisoning include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, very weak muscles, diarrhea, confusion, seizures, and difficulty waking up.
If you suspect someone, particularly a child, has consumed some of the oil we urge you to seek medical attention. Arraby's Aromatherapy products are not meant to be consumed.
The same urgency does not apply to the topical crèmes or gels. They contain significantly LESS essential oils than the room freshener style products.
US Poison Control
Canadian Poison Control
1 800 222 1222
Dial 411, ask for Poison Control